Saturday, February 26, 2011

Meet Krystal!

The lucky last 'Meet the Mamma' is Krystal. I've only know Krystal for a short amount of time over Facebook and she always has a smile on her internet persona dial! This is her story.
...Enjoy...
Krystal
23
Mother to Felix (2 years)
I have one little dude, Felix. He is 2 years old. Alot of people, actually the majority of people who hear his name for the first time ask how we thought of it & why. It was a name we thought of only a few days before he was born. We had a short list of favourite names & decided to choose once we saw him. One of our other favourites was 'Oliver'. But he's definitely a Felix.

A typical day involves...
Lots of energy required! Toddlers never seem to stop unless they are eating, drinking or sleeping...and even then they don’t! Felix wakes at around 5 - 5:30, creeps into our room & wakes us (sometimes by wacking us on the heads, eep!). We all have breakfast together then Shane gets ready for work whilst I clean up breakfast stuff & Felix plays. During the day Felix & I do a whole bunch of random things depending on the weather & Felixs mood. Some of our favourite things to do are drawing, playing with playdoh...sometimes eating it, baking yummy foods together & watching ‘Chuggington‘. Come night time, our bedtime routine involves dinner, shower, quiet play, singing, then bed...pretty normal really, but it works.

The best part about being a mother?
What isn't the best part about being a mother? Sure, I have my (really) bad days, sometimes I want to scream at the top of my lungs & feel like I'm going insane. But at the end of the day, seeing Felixs smile, hearing his cute laugh, watching him do something I've taught him...its all worth it, every single second.


The hardest part of parenting?
Learning how to cope & get through the tantrums. The past few months have been the toughest so far for all three of us. They don't call it the 'terrible twos' for nothing, it really can be oh so terrible at times!

What inspires you?
I think the easier question to answer would be 'what doesn't inspire me?' I can be inspired by the smallest and biggest of things. Anything from a pretty leaf, a yummy smell, sparkly jewellery or going op shopping...one could say I'm easily inspired.

The effect on your relationship since having children?
I believe our relationship has more so grown than changed. Both Shane & myself have learnt & experienced things neither of us had ever experienced before having Felix. Even when I was pregnant, we were both changing and growing as a couple, & as a family. One thing we have needed to focus more on since having Felix is making time for 'us'. It's so, so easy to get lost in the same old daily routine, that we have to take a step back every now and again & make an effort to do something special together.


No comments:

Post a Comment