Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Dresser; makeover.

A few months back I went on a little thrifting adventure with my dearest friends Soph and Lauren and picked up this gorgeous and cheap dresser! I had plans to paint it and decoupage the top, neither of which I have done yet. I've since decided that I really like its weathered and worn look and wont paint it. However, I would really like to decoupage the top surface with paper doilies, so this is on my current craft to-do list. I've never done decoupage before and really am not sure what I am doing, do any of you have advice?

The dresser feels so at home in my bedroom now, I have my favourite textures pegged on twine above it and willow beside it. I just adore how it looks. I will definitely be thrifting for incredible finds again sometime soon!





 What's the best thrifting piece of furniture you have picked up? Anything that you are pining for?
...plenty of love...




No comments:

Post a Comment