Thursday, June 16, 2011

A day in the kitchen

Yesterday was mighty, mighty cold. I love the cold, but this was freezing! Stella and I spent the entire day in layered up pyjamas and ugh boots with the heater on. I cringe at the thought of our power bill but the cosiness and warmth is worth it. Instead of venturing out, we spent the day in the kitchen. Stella played on the floor with tins and jars or held on to the back of my legs and followed me around.


While I had the chance, I cooked up enough fruit, meat and vegetables to fill my freezer and feed Stella for over a month. I peeled and cut carrots, sweet potatoe, potatoe, butternut pumpkin. Chopped brocolli, cauliflower and beans. Stewed apples, pears and rhubarb. Made a huge mess, fogged up the windows and nibbled as I went. A day in the kitchen certainly pays off for saving time later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment