Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Journey; post 1.


This is my new regular space to share with you the journey of my second pregnancy and the road we travel to meet our baby. I hope you enjoy the ride!


The past four months have been extremely tiring to say the least. I can be described as a sleeping, eating, zombie mama bear. I struggle to sleep at all during the night and could quite happily snooze the days away if my lifestyle allowed. 

During my first pregnancy I was lucky enough to experience no morning sickness, this time however, is a different story. I have felt sick from the minute I wake and it lasts until the minute I finally fall asleep. I find the only thing that helps a little is (again), sleeping, eating and sipping water. Now that I am heading towards the fifteenth week the sickness has subsided and I am almost certain it will be gone for good. This makes for a slightly less grumpy mama and far more productive days!

Physically, I feel huge. I am a whole 7 kilos heavier this time around than I was with Stella. I am convincing myself it is a combination of age and maturing...My body is no longer 19 years old. Although, I'd be kidding myself if I didn't partly blame my relaxed eating habits and less physically active lifestyle. I am looking forward to 're-claiming' my body once baby#2 is born, not straight away, but perhaps five to six months down the track. This will be my chance to focus on looking after me and achieving the healthier, fitter, trimmer body I desire. I'm not advocating a total lack of good health or intense indulgence in pregnancy (perhaps semi-intense?) but, I know that it is far more realistic for me to focus solely on raising my children and nurturing our newborn until breastfeeding is hopefully well established and routines have been achieved. 



We had our first ultrasound in week 12, and boy does our baby move! He or she was wriggling, kicking and turning the entire time making it slightly difficult for the Sonographer and somewhat funny for Mama and Dad. We saw an outstretched little leg and a gulping little jaw, resembling a baby with a bad case of the hiccups! I found the ultrasound (as I did with my first pregnancy) to be a wonderful bonding experience. Not only for Nick and myself, but for the baby and myself. I have seen a glimpse of the little life growing inside me and heard the strong heartbeat of a developing child. 

The books promise me that the next few weeks will call for an increase in energy due to endorphin releasing hormones. These books had better be right, I want that 'bounce off the walls with energy' feeling so badly! We have plenty of exciting appointments with the midwives and another ultrasound in a months time. I look forward to sharing with you weeks 14 onwards as our pregnancy continues and the countdown begins!


Plenty of love...







6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Your news! It's a very exciting time isn't it, I'm 18 weeks with my 1st pregnancy and loving it!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations to you too! Thankyou very much <3

      Delete
  2. I remember reading the weekly baby newsletters devastated when it said, You will have regained your energy, and I hadn't! Good luck - I'm sure having a little one to run after doesn't help your energy levels one bit. As for the morning sickness, I'm 32 weeks and still having it on and off so I feel your pain! Glad to hear yours is slowing. http://lillovestories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still feeling exhausted and sick? Countdown mode is nearly on for you... I hope it improves for the last leg of the race! <3

      Delete
  3. I'm just so happy for you and Nick and Stella! Such a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete