Sunday, March 6, 2011

My dad; The Artist

Growing up my sister and I would draw and colour over movies and music anyday. We grew up watching our Dad draw, paint, sketch, design, sculpt and create. I remember clearly him teaching me at age six how to draw a 3D cube; an achievement I was rather proud of.  Seeing his artwork always amazed me...It still does. It is mesmerizing to watch someone create something beautiful out of a blank canvas or white piece of paper. Even more amazing is that he is a self-taught artist.

I thought I would share with you some of his recent works. Whipped up rather quickly, a lot of these paintings would take only a few short hours using only acrylic paints. Some are inspired from personal photographs of family and friends, others replicas of the likes of Van Gogh.

And there you have it! That is my 'proud daughter' moment. Talent surrounds me every way I turn. So very inspiring.

If there is any interest at all in purchase of these paintings or work for future paintings/artwork I can be contacted via e-mail: natalie-winterlove@hotmail.com. Enjoy your day, and remember the 'That Vintage' giveaway closes in 4.5 hours! (I'm a little excited!)


1 comment:

  1. His work is amazing. I can see why you would be a proud daughter!

    ReplyDelete