Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lovely Links of Late

lovely links of late

{ Winter is my happy place; the colours, the rain, the woolen scarves. How stunning is this winter photoshoot? It has me yearning for plum lipstick and grey knit weather!

{ "Motherhood is a sacred and beautiful gift. It's a messy one, a painful one, it's tiring and beyond beautiful...it breaks your heart and then heals it." Perfect words as always from Jess Gatlyn of Boho Baby Bump.

{ Birth Story Alert! I'm a little late to the party, but it was so good finally reading Jens birth story on the sweet little Finley. Such a precious family.

{ My current favourite creative read? Torie Jayne. Everything is beautiful!

{ A post about how to stay positive through hard times. A lovely read on Delightfully Tacky, I think it's something we can all relate to at some point in our lives.

{ Found via Little Chief Honeybee, THIS is a humorous (yet deadly honest) tale about white lies parents dish out to their children.

{ Speaking of LCH, I finally caught up on all Kaelah's posts and just loved the heartfelt resolutions she set for 2013. Read it here, it'll have you feeling motivated. My favourite resolution is the one she wrote on 'engaging with only those who inspire you'. She describes obligatory following as 'social media noise', which is very true. Stimulation comes from every angle when following blogs, idols and muses; make sure what gets through to you is what really counts.

{ Sweet potatoes and avocado, two of my most favourite foods ever. Spicy sweet potato fries with avocado dip? Oh, I'm salivating! Thanks Shutterbean!

{ Photographer Natalie McComas is working on a portrait series featuring subjects with dramatic birthmarks. Check out 'Beautiful In This Skin'. P.S. her other photography is stunning also.

{ 'My Parenting Anger Management Plan' by Naomi from Seven Cherubs is one for the emergency bookmarks. Have it ready to read when you feel as though you are about to lose it.  

Enjoy!
winterlove blog natalie

1 comment:

  1. It's been a delight to discover your blog! I love your writing style and am always looking forward to your next post...
    Speaking of birth stories, you mentioned in one of your earlier posts about blogging Isla's birth story and I know it was a little while ago now, but if you ever feel like a flashback I know I'm not the only one who would love to hear it :)

    ReplyDelete